Issue 121 August/September 2016
Join us in celebrating make-up artistry and the people who make it happen with our 20th anniversary issue! Featuring an epic photo story with more than 75 of the industry's best artists, this collectors' edition has our first-ever trifold cover and 170 pages of content—our biggest issue yet!
Travel to the corners of the globe with our annual Make-up Around the World feature! We profiled 11 artists who told us what it's like to work for a circus show in Dubai, a fashion runway in Seoul, a creature shop in Spain and more! ALSO: Ve Neill takes us through her legendary career, Burberry's Wendy Rowe talks fashion, Jason Collins traces the creation of Autonomous F/X and Katy Albright mixes metals and freckles. And don't miss our summer movie and TV guide, featuring X-Men: Apocalypse, Warcraft, Free State of Jones, Game of Thrones and more!
PLUS THESE COLUMNS:
- Industry Buzz: Artists working in Cuba and El Salvador, new American Werewolf and Star Trek books, SoCal school startup
- What's in Your Kit? Onorina Jomir shows and tells
- Product News featuring Beauty and the Bees, Sumita, Korres, Trophy Skin, PuraNaturals, It Cosmetics, Kryolan and M.A.C.
- Retro Reviews: Get your Charlie Gemora fix with old, new films
- Backstage: Nathalie Gagn© designs a Broadway Cirque show
- Lab Tech: Tips on mask mastery
- Out of the Kit: New media, new make-up methods
- Beauty Breakdown: Vera Farmiga's haunting look in Bates Motel