Issue 137 April/May 2019
Ready to be inspired? Make-Up Artist magazine’s newest edition, The Art & Design Issue, is overflowing with beautiful make-ups put together through innovative creativity and artistic vision. The powerful make-up teams from Captain Marvel and Hellboy provide insights into their astounding accomplishments, while Roque Cozzette and Sheila McKenna collaborate on an Art Deco-inspired project that reveals some beauty looks are timeless. And one of the most inspiring of all aspects of Issue 137: a tribute to Matt Rose, an industry leader, a great talent, a lifelong monster fan.
ALSO: Dive into the logistics of color theory and learn from professional make-up artists about the integration and day-to-day application of this integral component. Learn how mature models are leading the Graynaissance movement; check out the fresh-faced style of James Molloy and jump behind the scenes with the make-up artists from Schitt’s Creek and True Detective.
Plus, these columns:
- Spotlight on artist Tiaja Pierre
- How-To: The perfect Bearded Lady by Shylie Parsons
- Product News: Ardell, MUD, Pacific Instruments and more
- What’s in Your Kit? Chloe Sens’ must-have products
- Backstage: King Kong
- Out of the Kit: Bald cap technique from Adrian Rigby
- Lab Tech/Make-Up Artist EXCLUSIVE: Matt Rose’s comprehensive technique and process for turning Ron Perlman into Hellboy
- Beauty Breakdown: Melissa McCarthy’s Oscars look
- Martini Shot: A fun flashback photo of Matt Rose, from Steve Wang